Hesitation under load

Hi all

Hope everyone is well and good. 

I've got a little problem with the vrs. 

Under heavy acceleration when warm or cold. Whether dry or wet sunny or cloudy, towards the top end I've got a stutter and some loss of power

I've given it a good blast. I don't daily it my wife dose now as I have a company car

I'm going to change fuel filter, air filter, glow plug, oil to see if that helps

Anyone else had the same issue and know of a fix

It's a 2006 56 plate with 76k on the clock

Thanks in advance 

• 3 years later...

How did you get on diagnosing the acceleration stutter. My VRS (2005) has just started doing the same. Push it hard and there is a noticable slight faulter like the fuel intake is not keeping up. I so hope it is not the turbo

33 minutes ago, Mickthemiller1 said:

How did you get on diagnosing the acceleration stutter. My VRS (2005) has just started doing the same. Push it hard and there is a noticable slight faulter like the fuel intake is not keeping up. I so hope it is not the turbo

It's more likely to be the MAF unless you've already replaced it.

1 hour ago, Mickthemiller1 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give this a try. 

All you have to do is disconnect it and see if it runs better, then you can replace it if necessary.