Lost in translation

As we all know, due to the lack of written information, both servicing and maintaining any VAG product can be a minefield - with Skoda UK saying one thing, garages saying the other and armchair experts laying down their law. But even when we are given information in black and white from the manufacturer can we trust it?

I just been weighing up what the cost might be for a 2nd variable service, and noticed many franchised dealers have changed their service webpage of late. I'm just wondering if anyone else has examples of how increasingly confusing it's becoming to service / maintain your VAG product? If you thought it was bad before...

Is it just me or does this latest offer seem a tad strange? My guess is that someone's used 'cut and paste' from the minor service advert because it's the first I've ever heard of this. Surely it's bullocks?  ( and what the hell is a report*k ? )  Either Skoda have tasked a 3rd party to write their adverts or the author has a poor grasp of English and it's become lost in translation. It's hard to believe Skoda could be that stupid. ( or is it? )

( PS - according to the current UK Audi website, S Tronic and multi-tronic gearboxes require an oil change every 38,000 miles - no time is specified. )

DSG_error.JPG.bd4764f0e89881689c2c64ebf1939699.JPG

Edited by Guest

They phoned me yesterday to book my 16 plate 1.4Tsi in for service and MOT. Told them I no longer own the vehicle and had switched brands.

"May I ask why." "Sure VAG group treat customers with contempt, and the last time you had my car,, the filler and drain caps for aircon service were left on the windscreen scuttle, the paperwork for the service was wrong, and there was an error on the MOT paperwork as well. One week out of warranty the dreaded "Only leave vehicle when selector is in Park" message popped up several times. "Never heard of it." Dieselgate dented my confidence in VAG, and rather than move towards greater customer satisfaction, they just decided to try and claw the fines back by screwing over their customers.