Not too bad for 2 weeks ownership

1 hour ago, Tolpol62 said:

@DaveinCamborne

I think your car looks very smart.

I like the look of the wind deflectors and am thinking of fitting a set to my Octavia. Can you please tell me the pros and cons of having and driving with them day to day?

1. Get only the Team HEko ones............. 2. DONT use the little metal clips that come with them .............. pros.......... you can have your windows open a bit in the rain and not get wet........ cons. none if you dont use the little metal bits. if you do you will get wind noise. I have had them on my last 3 cars and never had any isssues.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kental said:

For car modifying I prefer a connection to factory which yours matches to the tee, and some of the backgrounds are very arty too.

Thanks mate, yer, i never go too ott these days, in my youth i had a thing for taking cars to Germany and getting MAttig or Reiger kits fitted but past that now lol, just subtle ish  but i reckon a wide arch octavia could look nice lol but i am not going there lol

4 minutes ago, ScoutCJB said:

Out of curiosity how much more has this cost you on your insurance policy?

£24 🙂 alloys are genuine skoda so no change, tints to enhance security, no change, springs where the charge, and anything else cosmetic they are not worried about .

On 09/02/2020 at 21:54, DaveinCamborne said:

Thanks mate, yer, i never go too ott these days, in my youth i had a thing for taking cars to Germany and getting MAttig or Reiger kits fitted but past that now lol, just subtle ish  but i reckon a wide arch octavia could look nice lol but i am not going there lol

I hear you Dave, but I also know you've a cunning plan regarding a different Factory Special eh? 

-

Really interested in those deflectors now; it was the noise thing that bothered/stopped me. I just had a productive breakers visit and now have the combi load cover + sunglasses storage holder from a Mk2FL - the subtle tweaks continue ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CB_4x4 said:

I hear you Dave, but I also know you've a cunning plan regarding a different Factory Special eh? 

-

Really interested in those deflectors now; it was the noise thing that bothered/stopped me. I just had a productive breakers visit and now have the combi load cover + sunglasses storage holder from a Mk2FL - the subtle tweaks continue ;)

LOL will see, we may be getting an offer on the gaff soon so things may change very quickly

19 hours ago, DaveinCamborne said:

£24 🙂 alloys are genuine skoda so no change, tints to enhance security, no change, springs where the charge, and anything else cosmetic they are not worried about .

Lucky for you then 😀 - I'd have thought they would have charged for wheels 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveinCamborne said:

Never do if OEM gear.

You are luckier than I have been in the past.  I've had no change for factory or importer fitted options, but anything dealer fitted even if official wheels that were available as an factory option was a charge.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kental said:

You are luckier than I have been in the past.  I've had no change for factory or importer fitted options, but anything dealer fitted even if official wheels that were available as an factory option was a charge.

convinced its to do with how the insurer feels on the day lol.......... on a previous car i put after market exhaust and induction kit and my premium actually went down lol