Eml and p2000 fault

Hi all

I have recently bought a 2017 skoda Octavia estate 1.6l tdi. The engine management light has came on and when i checked it out the fault code that appeared was p2000 specifically, the NOx trap has efficiency that is below threshold for Bank 1. 

I have also noticed that fairly often the fan keeps running for about 5 mins when the car has just been switched off. I have got the Dpf checked and it is performing fine.

I have also noticed that the MPG is very bad at 38mpg.

The o2 sensor behind the cat has also been replaced. All sensors have been took out and cleaned. The odd time i get a smell of fuel/fumes in the cabin and i have noticed the car was a bit smokie the other day just after starting it.

Has anyone experienced anything similar ?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi, welcome to forums! :) 

There’s thread related to car staying on after switched off, smells like burning etc.

Diesel car’s dont like short driving, it needs longer motorway driving, so DPF can do it’s job.

Maybe owner before you used to drive in city only etc.

I would buy some DPF Clean liquid that goes inside fuel tank (it will help start DPF regeneration) and then drive at motorway one gear lower than usual around 20-30km (12-18miles) so DPF could do regeneration properly :)

• Love it! 1

10 minutes ago, Superhero572 said:

Hi, welcome to forums! :) 

There’s thread related to car staying on after switched off, smells like burning etc.

Diesel car’s dont like short driving, it needs longer motorway driving, so DPF can do it’s job.

Maybe owner before you used to drive in city only etc.

I would buy some DPF Clean liquid that goes inside fuel tank (it will help start DPF regeneration) and then drive at motorway one gear lower than usual around 20-30km (12-18miles) so DPF could do regeneration properly :)

Many thanks for your reply.

I have drove it on the motor in a lower gears. I have also got my mechanic to do a forced regeneration for me but every time the light comes back on after 2 days. Would the p2000 fault code come on if it was the dpf ?

56 minutes ago, Tommymc said:

The o2 sensor behind the cat has also been replaced. All sensors have been took out and cleaned. The odd time i get a smell of fuel/fumes in the cabin and i have noticed the car was a bit smokie the other day just after starting it.

Have you checked exhaust system for leaks?

What color smoke it was?
Some smoke is ok with cold engine and cold weathers, but if it’s huge smoke cloud it’s not ok.

1 minute ago, Superhero572 said:

Have you checked exhaust system for leaks?

What color smoke it was?
Some smoke is ok with cold engine and cold weathers, but if it’s huge smoke cloud it’s not ok.

Hi 

Yeah it has been checked for leaks. If was a small amount of black smoke havent seen in sence. 

13 minutes ago, Tommymc said:

Hi 

Yeah it has been checked for leaks. If was a small amount of black smoke havent seen in sence. 

Black smoke can appear when car is burning too much fuel, but if it’s not appearing always and when accelerating i think it’s ok.

Light or thin white exhaust smoke is ”normal” which i get usually when i cold start my 1,6TDI during winter.

Edited by Superhero572

• 2 years later...

Hello

I have exactly the same problem as you, did you find the solution?

On 07/02/2020 at 13:38, Tommymc said:

Hi all

I have recently bought a 2017 skoda Octavia estate 1.6l tdi. The engine management light has came on and when i checked it out the fault code that appeared was p2000 specifically, the NOx trap has efficiency that is below threshold for Bank 1. 

I have also noticed that fairly often the fan keeps running for about 5 mins when the car has just been switched off. I have got the Dpf checked and it is performing fine.

I have also noticed that the MPG is very bad at 38mpg.

Has anyone experienced anything similar ?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.