2.8 V6 Auto Box Oil Change required

My wonderful and utterly reliable 2.8 V6 Superb has recently started to give me the odd gearbox problem. The old lady has covered 134K so I'm not too surprised to finally have something go wrong and as someone who has had countless auto boxes I know that much more than 150K is a bonus. When I bought the car I planned to keep it for two or three years and then move it on. The trouble is that they are great cars and mine has exceeded all my expectations so I have kept her far longer than I intended.

Ideally I want to keep her going for a while longer whilst I seek a replacement. So one idea is to get the gearbox oil replaced in the hope that she will be able to keep going until I have found my next vehicle. I don't want to do this myself so I am looking for somewhere I can take the car to get this done. I live near Plymouth in Devon so anywhere in Devon or Cornwall would be good but I will travel further afield if I have to. Can anyone recommend a reliable place that should be able to do the job properly?

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

On 09/02/2020 at 21:04, Devon-Terry said:

My wonderful and utterly reliable 2.8 V6 Superb has recently started to give me the odd gearbox problem. The old lady has covered 134K so I'm not too surprised to finally have something go wrong and as someone who has had countless auto boxes I know that much more than 150K is a bonus. When I bought the car I planned to keep it for two or three years and then move it on. The trouble is that they are great cars and mine has exceeded all my expectations so I have kept her far longer than I intended.

Ideally I want to keep her going for a while longer whilst I seek a replacement. So one idea is to get the gearbox oil replaced in the hope that she will be able to keep going until I have found my next vehicle. I don't want to do this myself so I am looking for somewhere I can take the car to get this done. I live near Plymouth in Devon so anywhere in Devon or Cornwall would be good but I will travel further afield if I have to. Can anyone recommend a reliable place that should be able to do the job properly?

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Good change changing the oil will make it worse, not better.  If you've got problems with reverse it almost certainly needs new parts.