Auto Headlight fault

An Auto Headlight Fault has just popped up, after going through a tunnel. Strangely neither the dynamic beam function, nor, the driving/leaving home function works any more. Any ideas? 

16 minutes ago, Odderf said:

Cheers, did changing to a new battery really clear the problem?

For me it was the rain/light sensor but @wyx087 would be the man to ask as regards the battery change etc.

In the thread I posted as a link above, you will find an eBay link to a rain/light sensor this is what you would need but before spending any money, I would 1st get someone to read the codes within the car via the OBD port. Do you have OBD Eleven or do you know someone near by who does? Or take a look in this forum & look for the VCDS area & VCDS map location & that will help you to find someone nearby who can check for fault codes & then you will know exactly what it is etc. 

EDIT: Here is the VCDS owners map, contact someone who is within your location

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Td73_uUUqscV3nRm5br_o89PmBU&msa=0&ll=51.138829787029536%2C-0.8469246885789516&z=8

Edited by BATVANVRS

24 minutes ago, Odderf said:

Cheers, did changing to a new battery really clear the problem?

I'll come back to you next week. The new battery is still sitting on the floor 😓 

To be honest, I didn't place much hope in changing the battery. You are better off read the code and see if it's intermittent or static. BATVANVRS error is static so makes sense to get a complete new sensor. My error is intermittent, I'm thinking of taking that area apart and unplug/replug all cables as first port of call. 

I did 2 things to the car last weekend, on Saturday: 

1. Fitted the new AGM battery (which was on offer at £111 thanks to ebay's 20% off, I bought at £118 when seller had 15% off, Grrrrrr) 

2. Unplugged and plugged back in the light/rain sensor 

So far, from Monday morning "testing" (aka normal commute at dawn), the rain sensor is still working. The auto-dipped beam also appears to work. No error has came up yet. 

But then, on Friday, when it was raining heavily, during 3 hours drive to my parents, I noticed auto-wiper suddenly started working. So unsure if it's still intermediate and sensor is currently in a good mood, or fiddling with wiring makes it work more reliably, or new battery is helping. 

I will update the original thread by BATVANVRS after I spend more time driving the car in different conditions and more time for the error to (re)develop. 

• Like 1