Boot Door Open Warning

Canders

Driving down to Dorset this weekend, my wife dropped the sun visor, yes it does occasionally shine, and the vanity mirror light was already on. Next thing I know, maxidot flashes up that the boot door is open! Quickly pulled over to check but all is secure. Set off again, boot warning flashed up again, turned off vanity light and no warning, turned on again just to check and got a warning. Next, opened glove box and hey presto warning comes on. Pressed the micro switch to turn the light out, with the glove box open, and the warning goes off. Repeated with the drivers sun visor, light on, light off, and no warnings. This has only occurred since the rear view mirror incident, it fell off, yes  really. If anyone has a wiring diagram that I can chase this through, that would be much appreciated. 

If this has to go back to the dealers, they have one chance left before this car goes back on their stock books. Starting to wonder what other gremlins could be germinating/hatching/lurking around here.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

@slaslu

Unfortunately not. I think the one I had was an Ali express special. It showed no faults on the system, but caused the boot open indication as identified in the OP. I'm going to have to investigate the current offerings. There's a lot of info available on this forum and things have moved on a lot in 2 years.