Squeaking sound after a while driving

Hi,

First and foremost, I'm not a mechanic so I hope you don't mind me asking you something (most likely) very "stupid". I have a Skoda Roomster 1.6 from 2007 which works very good, but the thing is that lately a squeaking sound  can be heard after driving about 10 minutes. If I push down the brakes gently the sound disappear and reappears right after I have released the breaks. Sometimes it also feels that the sound can disappear for a few seconds when I'm turning more to the right then to the left.  Do you think it could be as simple as that the brake pads are worn out or what reasons could there be?

Best regards
Tomas

Sounds like a sticking brake.  After driving a few miles stop the car and put your hand near to each wheel in turn (don't touch they may be very hot!!) if you can feel heat coming from the wheel then you have a seized brake on that wheel.