Skoda fabia AC compressor 1.4 tdi

Hi I have Skoda fabia 1.4 tdi 2009 model from India... From few days there was cracky noise coming from car engine when I saw it was about belt. The mechanic told it's ok just due to hot climate it is giving noise.. drive few km and let's c... Well the noise was increasing.. after 2 week I realise when I off my ac the noise was less . So I was now sure about AC.. in 2-3 days AC is not given cooling and radiotor fan is not working... When mechanic checked radiator fan was working when he directed the fan... After checking some relay and all he came did scanning which showed about compressor... It was activation AC compressor status defective and DTC 00898.. he told may be compressor change is the result or changing valve .. not because of Corona all shops and workshop is closed... Can any 1 suggest me what to do and how to check weather the mechanic is right?? Does low AC gas cause this problem? Wating for reply .. thank u skoda

That error code suggests an issue with the wiring or a fault with  the valve on the compressor. A mechanical defect or lack of AC gas wouldn't usually cause it but the strange noises you were hearing could indicate there is another issue.

Unfortunately to change the valve you have to drain down the system and then refill it again so if you do end up needing a new compressor you would have to drain and refill again at your expense.

You don't have much option than to trust your mechanic or get a second opinion unless you want to invest in VCDS to do more diagnostics to get the full picture of what is going on with the system

It showed AC compressor defect... And about gas change its manadory.. one more thing... In Skoda fabia which collant is required green or red. As here when asked in work shop they told both. Which 1 is best and is radiator flush good? Thank u

• 3 weeks later...