Window regulator; steering wheel crooked sometimes?

Hi everyone, me again with my stubborn girl.. 2 main problems rn:

Front windows didn't work from the day i got the car, tried all sorts of stuff (window motors, fixed all the broken and almost broken wires in door jams, switches...), and then, one day they just started working. Both of them... until passenger (left) side decided to make a krrrr noise and slowly drop down... took off the door card and seen the window regukator plastic thingy had broken and twisted up the wires.. so I just basically broke it a little but more so I could free up the window and pull it back up. The car is a 2005, so the metal panel in the door is rivetted 🙄. I can drill it out and change it by myself, but does the regulator mechanism fit from an older model? Are the mounting holes in the same places? I can find it online but it isn't specified for which one it is ( it just says from '99 to '07) And can it be put back together with screws or smth?

My other problem is with the front suspension. I recently changed the front right shock, bearing, both ARB bushes and end links (rods, stabilisers, however they are called in English) The car now pulls just slightly to the right and the steering wheel is a bit to the right, about 15 degrees or so. Nothing strange there, alignment is off, as expected. But! When I drive it a bit harder the steering wheel moves to like 45 degreees to the right from center, and the car pulls a bit more. After driving lightly for a bit it goes back. Also when accelerating hard (1st, 2nd) it pulls to the right, when letting off the gas it pulls to the left. Is there something loose or could an alignment fix that? I don't have access to a lift/hoist, doing all the work on the parking lot, so any suggestion is well welcome.

Also, when the CV joint is making a noise when turning left, which side should it be? 😅

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sloba

2 hours ago, Sloba said:

but does the regulator mechanism fit from an older model?

Yes the regulators are all the same. The rivets for the regulator to door panel are part number N90765701. Or, if you prefer, you can buy a whole new panel with regulator already fitted to it. You would need to swap your door speaker to the new panel, and the rivets for that are the same part number. When I did mine I just used nuts and bolts for the speaker instead of the rivets. Rivets for panel to door are N91078801. Some people have used screws etc but I have not personally done it as mine are factory bolted.

I would be more focussed on the suspension first. Changing steering geo under different loads indicates something moving in the suspension or steering gear, probably something loose. Go over all the bits you worked on and then the rest of the suspension. And don't drive it till you find whats wrong!