DOOR locks broken

Hi new to the forum, I have a 07 plate Skoda roomster 1.6 petrol. Recently the doors and the boot have stopped locking entirely. 

My local skoda dealer decking it may be the actuators or worn out cabeling. 

In case of the actuators o have been quoted about £160 per side of the car. 

Can anyone give any advice to how I can ascertain which is at fault? 

Thanks dan. 

Before trying anything, do you mean they won't unlock with the key or the remote? 

Skoda's (And many other VW branded cars) Are quite prone to wires snapping inside the door bellow. Could be either front door and even the back (Not heard about them so much). A good, close up look at the door loom wires for snapped ones is needed and free, if you can do it yourself. 

This can stop the remote from locking/unlocking, windows opening/closing, mirrors/heaters from operating, etc.

You could do a "Fix" on any broken wire otherwise a new loom could be around £80 a side, to buy.

Edited by mrgf

• 3 months later...

Turned out to be the wires broken on mine too, a bit fiddly to fix but after watching a YouTube video I had a good idea what to do.

First real fault in 5 1/2 years of ownership, not bad really.

• Like 1