Frustratingly I have tried several fixes for my DAB signal loss. I did fit a camera front and rear but it all worked okay afterwards. Even so, every power line associated with it has been also fitted with ceramic cores.

When the DAB started to drop out it faded gradually until it was like a covid mask had been put on the signal and it disappeared completely. So I removed the camera....made no difference, and so I decided that it must be the aerial thats at fault. I then fitted a tried and tested screen aerial that I usedd before on several different cars I've owned, and magically the DAB came into life....but the performance isn't that good on this car.

So I have now bought a replacement aerial, genuine one, 6C0 035 501 A 5FQ but looking at video's of different repair guides of polo's and earlier fabias the aerials are all bolted to the roof and the roof lining has a plastic bracket to be removed first. Mine doesn't on either count. 

Has anyone got any suggestions, or experience on replacing these aerials?

Thanks for reading and possibly helping

erial.jpg

• 1 year later...