Performance upgrade for octavia a5 with dsg7

Hi guys,

I'm new here , I have octavia a5 fl 2010 1.8 tsi with dsg7 .

I know that this transmission is a sick, but in my country ( Israel ) is only this variant is available. 

Some one have experience with upgrading his car with same transmission?

What is the max power this transmission can work with without faults ?

Welcome.

There is the possible issues with 1.8TSI Euro 5's to consider as well as the 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG.

VW have the DQ200 DSG with a 250Nm limit,

and people remap the likes of 1.4TSI 180ps Twinchargers to 320Nm or more and have no issues.

But with your 10 year old DQ200 DSG has it had the World Wide Recall action / Service campaign in some world regions to change the oil from synthetic to mineral and do the software update.

2 minutes ago, MichaelJone said:

Yeah my gear is dead already and now my mechanic is fixing it.
BTW, about a how much power it 350nm?

350nm is a torque figure equivalent to about 255lb'ft. 400nm is a common figure for modern 2.0. litre turbo diesels which produce typically 187bhp (190PS) which equates to 294lb/ft. My 2.0 litre petrol Superb produces 363PS (359bhp) with 514nm of torque at 2,800rpm (378lb/ft) for comparison. Torque is important for instant in-gear acceleration.

@MichaelJone

What are you having done to your DSG, is it new Clutch Packs or a Mechatronic Control unit or both?

You could have had Uprated clutches fitted, and you could have the Software changed, but if you are just getting standard parts / repairs then you will need to be taking care just what power upgrade you are doing.

With a 1.4 TSI Twincharger 320 Nm is what you may get when you have 210 ps or more.

4 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

@MichaelJone

What are you having done to your DSG, is it new Clutch Packs or a Mechatronic Control unit or both?

You could have had Uprated clutches fitted, and you could have the Software changed, but if you are just getting standard parts / repairs then you will need to be taking care just what power upgrade you are doing.

With a 1.4 TSI Twincharger 320 Nm is what you may get when you have 210 ps or more.

Thanks for your response.
I have a 1.8 engine with 160 hp stock.
About a replacement, the problem is in Mechatronic , I asked for him to put a new Mechatronic of 2012 and above. From what I understand they are no longer making trouble in these years

I think you have got something wrong there.

There is a recall in Australia started in 2019 on DQ200's from 2012-2016.

There was a Service Campaign started in 2017 on DQ200's from 2013-2015, which is a Software Update.

But as long as they know what they are doing, then any new part being fitted like a replacement MCU should be fit for purpose.

You still have 10 year old clutches though unless you are changing those.

20 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

I think you have got something wrong there.

There is a recall in Australia started in 2019 on DQ200's from 2012-2016.

There was a Service Campaign started in 2017 on DQ200's from 2013-2015, which is a Software Update.

But as long as they know what they are doing, then any new part being fitted like a replacement MCU should be fit for purpose.

You still have 10 year old clutches though unless you are changing those.

Ok, I'll ask this directly.
What is the maximum horsepower I can get out of this vehicle with this transmission In case I have new clutches?

Skoda Octavia a5 2010 fl 1.8 tsi stock.

What is the maximum power depending on the safety of the transmission?