Power tailgate malfunction

Hello Everyone,

Just searched through the existing topics and couldn't find this issue I am having on my Superb SE-L, apologies if it has been addressed previously.

The issue is that the tailgate no longer opens automatically when operated by using the key fob or internal buttons. The condition appears to be intermittent and apparently it works when the vehicle is locked but no longer works when unlocked. It does open from the manual tailgate switch and also closes when operating the inner closing switch.

In addition to this, sometimes it does not locks with the warning message on the IP and reopening and closing it fixes this condition.

Could not find any options in the Vehicle Settings menu.

Any ideas welcomed before the visit to the dealer.

Thanks,

Marian  

• 2 weeks later...

Morning,

Took it to the dealer and they told me they replaced the key fob battery and is all good lol.

Told them it was not opening from the switch inside too and they decided to keep it overnight and check in the morning.

They called the next day saying they ordered a new latch which they then replaced under warranty so is all good now.