01598 CODE - Drive Battery open circuit

Hi. I have had a 01598 Fault code come up a few times now on a scan, and the last time I fitted a new battery to see if that would cure it, but it's still there.

I've previously cleaned up all the earth terminals that I could find in addition to the above. But this hasn't made any difference.

I've noticed on other posts that owners have experienced thier revs going up to 1k which is something that mine also does randomly. 

I've also noticed that the battery's main earth cable goes straight to the body via a stud, but there is no small earth cable fitted off of this.

Has anybody else had the problem above and cured it by fitting an extra earth cable or cured this issue another way etc.

More details of your vehicle would help.

What are the voltages across the battery terminals with engine off, on(all loads on) and alternator output?