DSG lag on gear change.

Hi Guys I have question regarding my DSG Kodiaq 2liter SEL.  I have noticed that the gear doesn't  shift as quick as I would expect it to be shifting.

Sometimes if I'm on 5th gear going up to 6th I can see on VC that it went first to 4th gear then goes back to 5th and then finally moves to 6th.

I am not sure why it does it. I can definitely feel the car has right speed to hold on 6th gear and changeing on right time.

As a result of this lag on gear change it feels I burn more fuel. I would appreciate if you all could share your views.

Are you sure you are not climbing up a hill/incline because this can sometimes trigger the DSG to change down rather than up to ensure the engine is not laboured in too high a gear at too low revs?:hi: Fortunately my remapped petrol Superb has 514nm (standard is 350nm at 4,500rpm) at just 2,600rpm so my car will go uphill in 7th gear from just 1,200rpm much to my surprise/delight.:nod:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Are you sure you are not climbing up a hill/incline because this can sometimes trigger the DSG to change down rather than up to ensure the engine is not laboured in too high a gear at too low revs?:hi: Fortunately my remapped petrol Superb has 514nm (standard is 350nm at 4,500rpm) at just 2,600rpm so my car will go uphill in 7th gear from just 1,200rpm much to my surprise/delight.:nod:

Yes this happens mostly straight clear road as in Motorway. 

3 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

Does the DSG actualy change down to 4 (and you can see the revs go up), or is it just the display which wrongly says 4?

I could defo feel that it not in right gear. As well the display shows D4 D5 going back forth then to D6 same going up to D7 first it goes to D5, D6 etc. Initially I thought mabe me the display doesn't sync with engine