Getting marks (caused by dealer) out the vrs seat

I've just got my 06 fabia back from having the wrinkled seats sorted out. Not a brilliant job but better than it was. (Can still see lines in the cover but not so wrinkled).

When I got in the car there was the smell of cleaner, I thought they had cleaned the seats for some reason. However when I got home I noticed a nice mark on the front passenger seat. And its where the smell is coming from. Someone must of spilt something on and tried to clean it. You can see it has been rubbed a bit. Is the stain likely to come out? Or should I just push to have the cover replaced?

I'd be inclined, as just said, that the dealer should resolve the problem, though you could perhaps play it by ear as to how maybe.

As you're in the other earlier thread, you will know that another has got a seat cover replacement so I guess you can negotiate depending on how much inconvenience - i.e. whether they can/will get a replacement cover, how long you'll be without the car and how many phone calls it will take.

I guess it depends on what you will be happy with in the long run? It might be better to notify them straight away that you are not happy though, whatever else transpires, i.e. to place it firmly at their door straight away.

Regards

Mo

Cheers, I got straight on the phone to them to let them know about it. I'm taking the car in tommorrow for them to look at it and apparently for them to take photo's. The seat wrinkles were delt with by a sub-contractor so they say it must of been them who marked the seat.

I was just wondering what the success rate was for getting stains out these covers as they look like they could be a right pain. Hence wondering if I should just tell (not ask!) them to put a new cover on.

After the issue with wrinkled seats and now a stained seat I'm less than happy to say the least. With all the driving too and from the dealer and the phone calls I'm starting to think compensation...

Again, just my view, but generally speaking, it's likely (and reasonable) that they will try to put things right according to how they can best do that in their opinion. I'm not sure it's worth speculating until you see the result of their efforts.

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

After taking the car to the dealer I've been given a new seat cover. So a thumbs up there. Had it fitted today, not the best job ( had to adjust some of the foam myself).

However, the new seat cover has wrinkles in the side bolster. Its on the outside of the bolster so you can only see them when you open the passenger door. Debating whether or not to go back - again.

What are Skoda playing at? People have been making seats for years, surely it cant be that hard to make one without a wrinkle!

Rant over!

Leather seats, I wish!

Looks like the dealer is going to get the re-trimmer to sort the seat out. Looking more closely the cover has not been fitted particularly well. Not sure I'm too happy about the re-trimmer trying to sort it again, he's already cocked up twice.

The dealer now has a new vrs demonstrator, going to see if I can get them to just swop the passenger seat out of their car for mine. I doubt it'll happen but maybe a chat with there management and skoda uk might help.....

Anyone else managed to get something similar done before?

Just stay friendly, the dealer is obviously trying to do their best to sort it & you never know, they may just say yes :)

(PS could even mention a leather retrim as an option, put some cash towards it yourself, they may say 'ok then' to get the situation sorted)

Same happened to me at a service and the dealers' staff were rude, blamed me for the marks and reluctantly cleaned a 4 inch spot on the seat which also creased and marked from the cleaning. I can't be bothered going back as they don't giva a damn cos I didn't buy the car from them.

Needless to say I'll never be going back there and they won't sell an Octy vRS TDi - that honour will go to Simpsons of Colne again :thumbup:

I asked the dealer about swopping seats. They said skoda would never let them do it. However I had already spoken to skoda who said it was fine. When I pointed this out to the dealer they came out with various excuses and said they would call me back. They never did.

As I've done over 100 miles going back and forth to them, it now annoying the hell out of me. Along with the attitude of some members of staff. I'm now persuing a complaint and going for compensation for wasting my time and diesel. I will get that seat fixed!