Inspection service warning reset

Hi All,

I think this issue may have been addressed here in the past, but I can’t find it, and it might be of interest to others, particularly this year.

I have a 2016 190bhp SEL Executive manual estate. I normally do around 15k miles per year, many of them towing a caravan, both in the UK and Europe. It is set on ‘variable’ servicing, but I normally have it serviced annually due to its use for towing.

However, this year, due to Covid 19, it has done less than 7k miles since the last service (and done very little towing). The annoying screen reminder that the  ‘inspection service’ is due shortly has now started to appear.

Is there a process for cancelling this without a visit to my dealer?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Paul R T

I've researched this topic extensively and several methods are suggested. As far as I can make out, for Superb iii with conventional dash, the method is something like

Sit in car, doors closed, bonnet too. Press and hold SET button under dash clocks, turn on ignition (don't start engine), still holding down SET, wait until a "Reset Oil service?" message appears in the dash, continue holding SET and eventually a "Reset Inspection service?" message appears, immediately release the SET button and then press it again and release to do the reset. Not sure if it acknowledges, but then turn off the ignition.

Note that resetting this way will set the interval to fixed.

Never done it yet on my Superb so no guarantees.

Good luck.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1