Motorcycle No Claims on a Car Insurance Policy?

Hi,

I currently have a years no claims from riding a scooter for one year whilst i was too young to drive which i was able to use when i got my insurance for my first car. When i get my second years no claims shortly, ill be 18. Im currently with Direct Line who would allow my motorcycle no claims to be used for a car policy, however not all companies allow this.

I want a Skoda Fabia vRS (test drive tomorrow) for when i go to university as ill be commuting and i want a better car than i currently have.

I can get a quote on a group 9 Vauxhall Corsa 1.8 SRi for

One of the things that always ticks me off as a rider and driver, if I make a claim on either I'm supposed to inform the other. Not answering your question directly but when you speak to someone about a policy bring that matter up and see the responce you get.

Im currently with Direct Line who would allow my motorcycle no claims to be used for a car policy, however not all companies allow this.

Do Direct Line differentiate, or on your policy does it currently say "1 year NCB". If so, then all another insurance company will need to know is how much NCB Direct Line say you have - I know I've never been asked if all my NCB was accrued during car ownership.

Rob.

I was thinking that, but i think with me being so young and the fact its on a scooter, they will notice when i say, im 18 with 2 years no claims. As one of the years was from when i was 16. I will mention the point about claiming on one and notifying the other as that is a little unfair.

Test drive today, woohoo, about 45 minutes actually. I hope its unaccompanied as i dont like people watching me drive, makes me nervous and reminds me of my driving test :(

Thanks for the replies

Chris

It depends really on what insurance company your with because as i say, Direct Line do accept scooter NCB. So do Tesco, although i think they are ran by Direct Line (could be wrong)

Had a test drive today in a silver vRS and it was really really good. I found the interior a bit bland though, although it was all functional and the seats were really comfy!

Hopefully ill be able to get insurance on one and be able to afford it whilst im at Uni.

Better get saving!

Chris