iOS 14

MKOK

I’m reluctant to try iOS 14 without knowledge that it works with the in car system. As it stands mine works fine so I don’t want to break it. The biggest suspect would be maps as that has been updated but could be anything knowing Apple.

Has anyone tried it yet? Cheers

I just managed to fix it on my Superb, made my phone forget the Bluetooth connection for the car, disconnected the USB lead and then did a factory reset on the Superb's infotainment system and went right back through adding the phone via Bluetooth again and then hooked up the phone via USB and the little CarPlay wizard kicked in again. I think it might be down to all the new privacy stuff in iOS14, probably needed to be set up from fresh.

ah nice, I guess sometimes with a new iOS update the smartlink might not recognise it the first time round. Also, sometimes the charging port on the iPhones will get stuffed with cotton fluff from your pockets and makes it connect and disconnect randomly.

On this IOS14 subject, but off topic:- there are reports of IOS14 seriously reducing battery "use", ie being wasteful - has anyone found this to be true? So far I've only moved an iPad Mini up to IOS14 and left iPhone SE on IOS13 for now - maybe just a lot of interwebnet "false news".

37 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

On this IOS14 subject, but off topic:- there are reports of IOS14 seriously reducing battery "use", ie being wasteful - has anyone found this to be true? So far I've only moved an iPad Mini up to IOS14 and left iPhone SE on IOS13 for now - maybe just a lot of interwebnet "false news".

I think it has. But I’m also keeping it mind that these rumours fly around every time an iOS update comes out and that I may just be seeing something that isn’t there. A placebo if you will. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually did my iPhone yesterday and it works fine over Bluetooth and car play. I did re-pair it again though like mentioned in an earlier post

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2020 at 11:42, ncd said:

My daughters iPhone was updated to iOS 14 and works absolutely fine in our Fabia:thumbup:

does music playing through CarPlay work properly? I updated by iPhone to ios14 and since then I keep getting crackling and distortion when playing music through CarPlay. ( on my 2018 faba 1.0 se)

Does this happen to you as well?

On 27/10/2020 at 11:04, kris_s said:

does music playing through CarPlay work properly? I updated by iPhone to ios14 and since then I keep getting crackling and distortion when playing music through CarPlay. ( on my 2018 faba 1.0 se)

Does this happen to you as well?

Yes! Funnily enough my daughters phone which we got for her a few weeks ago updated to iOS 14 when she first got it. When we tried out her new phone in the car to try out the Apple Car Play etc, the music, both Deezer and Amazon Music both were crackly. We wasn't using an original Apple cable, so i just put it down to this. Both my wife and myself have Android phones which doesn't have any issues playing music from Deezer or Amazon Music. I haven't had a chance to try her iPhone in the car with an original Apple cable as yet.