New Skoda Superb L&K

plukalo

Hello,

I am about to go all in on a new Superb L&K.

I have a few questions about some of the options.

The first is between the Amundsen and Columbus units. Despite the slightly bigger display, 3d visuals and the faster processor, does the Columbus offer anything else that would justify almost 1000 euro price difference.

The second is whether the acoustic windows actually do make a change when driving on the motorway at higher speeds.

The third and final is about the TSI 190hp engine. I see most either go for the diesel or the 272. Where I live, the quality of diesel fuel is awful and I would very much like to avoid it. I do not mind the 2 liter per km more in consumption, however I am getting doubts whether there are other factors why people go for the diesel or the higher hp version besides that. Since I drive mostly urban and short distances, the diesel will have not time to warm up and the 272 seems just pointless, especially being 4000 euro more than the 190 petrol. Seeing as the 272 is limited to 250km/h, but the speed limit here is 140, i  simply have not use case for it as the 190 will also do 160-170 effortlessly if needed.

Any information would be welcomed.

Best Regards,

Hopefully a new member

The Columbus system is definately better.  It has a better amplifier in it (it can properly drive a sub-woofer or a Canton system); it offers the ability to do heads-up maps for Virtual Cockpit, it can read a huge range of traffic signs and is generally a better unit all around.

I would go with the petrol if you are doing low mileages.  That makes sense.  Modern Euro 6B engines with Ad-Blue are Super..Super clean, but it really depends on whether you want the performance of the 272 diesel or not.