Wrong GPS location

Hi to everyone. Apologies if the subject has been put on before, could not find my answer. 

So I've upgraded my multymedia from bolero to amundsen. All done and decoded but he GPS location is finding me about 100miles away from my location(the place I bought the unit from).  From my resurch on the Web I found that I need to check if I get a GPS signal, but can't find how to do so. There is a small GPS box(looks like an added one) on the dashboard. Is there a way to check if the problem comes from it before I buy a new one?

Thanks in advance for all help. 

It sounds like the GPS module is either not picking up the satelite signal or the module itself is either not connected correctly or has just failed.  For a correct pickup, the receiver needs to pickup a clear signal from the front of the windscreen...can you show us where the GPS module is located?

11 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Hi and thanks for your input. The GPS unit is on the dashboard in the passenger side corner. I did order a new one as it was not that expensive. Hopefully that will sort the problem.