Heating blowing cold and different from one side to the other

Carl-h

Hi, just joined and after some advice on what to try with my superb. Love the car but the heating doesn't seem to maintain temperature very well and one side seems colder than the other. 

I end up with it on 26 degrees most of the time (most previous cars I'd rarely go over 21) and as the engine is almost fully warmed it gives me warmish air, once the cabin is almost acceptable it starts to blow cold air continually. I know it can blow cool to maintain temps but in winter everything else I've drove in auto will just trickle mild air to maintain temps. 

I think the cabin temp sensor may be over reading slightly but I also seem to get a problem from left to right. An example of this is in cooler weather when the outside of the screen can mist over, the left side will clear but the drivers side will remain unless I keep turning the temperature up. 

I often end up driving with the fan turned right down, temperature on full and the window cracked. Not ideal. For reference both sides blow very warm when on max temp so the flaps seem to be working. 

It had a new air con compressor a few mo ths back but the problem was present before hand. I've also tried the reset pressing the 2 buttons and it all syncs. 

I haven't had it scanned by VCDS yet, any recommendations for Wolverhampton, West mids? 

Cheers, Carl

• 4 months later...

I have just purchased an Octavia 3 VRS a week ago, and have noticed something similar; regardless of the temperature I set (not Auto), the middle 2 vents continuously blow out cold air.

I have reset the system, which seemed to resolve this for the duration after the reset until the next day, when it went back to blowing out cold again.

Is this a fault, or am I missing something in the settings?