Bike carrier for towbar

We have a Thule Velocompact. They are far from cheap but they are excellent. Easy to store. Seconds to fit and remove. Completely secure. Doesn’t damage bikes. Not sure what more you can ask. 

Ours is 4 years old now, and gets fitted/removed from the car on average twice a week. Still going strong without missing a beat. 

• Thanks 1

I like Thule products, but I do think that many are too expensive, although as SPS says above, spares should be readily available.

Due to Thule prices and not being able to find what I wanted in their range for my purpose, I bought a Buzz Rack this year from the aforementioned Roofbox.

I'm not a heavy user like Mr Trilby, but I'm more than happy with the quality and the way it works. It folds up to a smaller, manageable size (as do others) so it can be stored in the boot if you want to and it has small plastic castors on it so it can be wheeled from storage to car and back again. My only slight criticism, is that the castors could be a bit bigger and shod with rubber so it wheels easier on uneven ground.

When choosing, make sure what you think you want is rated to carry your intended weight, especially if you have E bikes and it's not just the total rated weight you should look at, but also how much each holder is rated for.

Here's the Buzz Rack range - I have no affiliation.  http://buzzrack.com/our-products/      I don't imagine Roofbox will stock the whole range. If you have any doubts about what will suit your needs, give Roofbox a ring. They're very knowledgeable and were able to field questions during the last lockdown.

I got one from a brand called "Peruzzo Siena" from eBay. Italian made and super sturdy. Got the 3 bike version which has comfortably carried 3 adult bikes and a dog trailer strapped on with no problems.

Traveled thousands of KMs with it on the previous car and now the Octavia.

Thule are in dream land with their prices!