'Chrome' trim on external door panels - removable?

Zukabak

I'm looking to either paint/wrap or ideally remove the chrome trim that runs along the lower swage lines on the doors.. before I get the trim removal tools and heat gun etc out, does anyone know if they're just glued on or stuck on with awful plastic rivets that'll leave holes in the bodywork?

1 hour ago, Roots Supercharger said:

From new, my Superb 11 came without chrome door trim. I added OE chrome trim to the doors and it came fitted with double sided strong glue tape. No rivets were used or required.

Excellent news, should be an easy enough job to whip it off then.. thanks!

Just be aware, on the estate, the chrome trims are integral to the window seals I believe.

Mine started to discolour while still under warranty and they had to replace the whole window on each side to rectify the issue.  Its a common fault for these rear window trims.

Cheers
Dave

21 hours ago, TasMan said:

Just be aware, on the estate, the chrome trims are integral to the window seals I believe.

Mine started to discolour while still under warranty and they had to replace the whole window on each side to rectify the issue.  Its a common fault for these rear window trims.

Cheers
Dave

Yeah, that trim is part of the seal (I'll be gloss wrapping that).. I'm talking about the trim that runs along the midline of the doors :)
Thanks for the warning though anyway.

• Like 1