A kiwi Octavia Scout

It got changed last year when we were having weird issues with the dash, stereo, ancillaries and wipers etc not working. That was a rigmarole…

I’ve checked what I can see under the dash and I can see that the flap above the cabin filter doesn’t open but it must be more than that because surely that is just the recirculating air flap. I will keep testing and checking what I can reach. 

ok it’s fixed. Thankfully I didn’t need to remove the entire dash and I have a neighbour who is a mechanic from Europe. I pulled it to bits and sure enough it was the recirculating flap that wasn’t opening. The carplay box I installed had interfered with the flap and the knuckle in the slot of the mechanism had slipped so it could still close the flap but it didn’t have the drive to open it. A bit of brute force slotted it back in and she’s all good. Cleared codes, relearned limits etc and I have cold air again. Yay!

• Like 1