Karoq Boot liners

cogggo

Hello all,

Just thought I would share my actions on researching and buying a boot liner  for my recently acquired Karoq.

So many to choose from at varying prices, free delivery/paid delivery etc.

In the end I decided to go for the original Skoda option (not the cheapest!)

Having phoned many pf the suppliers they all answered the question regarding delivery the same. They are all delivered rolled up.

The one from Skoda is double sided and therefore of a sturdier construction which is delivered as a flat package and therefore fits the boot perfectly.

I had an aftermarket one in my Yeti which was curling up at the edges after a short time.

So for me, its a case of you get what you pay for regarding this boot liner.

I am not that impressed.

Bought a heavy duty liner for my Yeti in 2010 and used it in 3 cars for 10 years. I often put boxes in it for my site visits as a civil engineer and all my tools whilst doing up my sons house. I let it go with car as changing to Karoq and it was in excellent condition.

Not much use in Karoq so far and the plastic side is already marked and scratched in several places from same boxes.

It also does not cover the whole floor leaving a section uncovered behind the seats?

Edited by kenfowler3966

4 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

I am not that impressed.

Bought a heavy duty liner for my Yeti in 2010 and used it in 3 cars for 10 years. I often put boxes in it for my site visits as a civil engineer and all my tools whilst doing up my sons house. I let it go with car as changing to Karoq and it was in excellent condition.

Not much use in Karoq so far and the plastic side is already marked and scratched in several places from same boxes.

It also does not cover the whole floor leaving a section uncovered behind the seats?

Can I mention that I bought this for my Karoq and it fits perfectly going up the back of the seats and being held in place at the head rests. When the seats are out then it covers the floor

WeFine Car Boot Liner for Dogs Universal Waterproof Car Boot Cover with Bumper Flap Fits Cars, 4x4, Estate, Trucks, Hatchback, SUV (Long, Black)

Available on Amazon for £11.50. A real bargain and heavy duty

For heavy duty use I use the rubber Skoda mat that I kept from my Octy estate, trimmed a bit off the back end and it fits my Karoq with vario seating well.

I do use the double sided one most of the time.

I got myself one of these.  It needs to be cut to size but its really quite good.  It also needs to be warmed up and flattened out before trying to fit as it comes up rolled up.  What I did was flattened it out in a hot conservatory (summer) and then I fitted it dry in the boot, rammed it into the corners and used a stanley knife to trim (in-situ) just like a carpet fitter would.  I then used some contact adhesive to glue on some strips of velcro (hooks side) to the underside of the mat that stick to the carpet nicely but allow it to be removed easily if required.  It is a good solution for under a tenner and it stops all the boxes and shopping bags sliding around.  I couldn't believe the difference it made to the noises and sliding around.  Best £10 investement I ever made - it does require a bit of DIY skill though to get it lokking nice.

cheers,

Paul

1091703316_2020-11-2810_57_44-SakuraBlackRubberBootMatSS5125-ProtectsYourVehicleCarpet-120x80cm.thumb.png.73d1da43ac74f21ef18de03ba48ce98c.png

Edited by smipx
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...