Updated Spaceback.

HopeImRight

I am trying to like the Scala enough to buy one to replace my fabulous Fabia estate. Before the Fabia I had an early Rapid which had a good engine and gearbox and nothing else.

I keep looking at the Scala as an updated Rapid Spaceback. But my head tells me it is just much better than than that.  It must be mustn't it?  Does anyone reckon on a Scala estate one day?

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

I'm currently in the process of replacing my Fabia hatchback with a Scala. Could use something with a bit more presence on the road (especially for blustery motorway journeys) and the extra space too.

The boot space in the Scala quite similar to the Fabia estate - 467L seats up, 1,410L seats down (compared to 530L seats up, 1,395 seats down for the Fabia estate). Suppose they could go down the Golf estate route...

I was very impressed with the Scala on the test drive - I've gone for an SE with the 1.0 115 engine and a DSG box. Extremely easy to drive, relatively well-refined, and the interior works and performs exactly as you'd expect (and thankfully proper dials / buttons for the majority of the controls!).

We had 3 Fabia's, 2 being  MK3 estates. Had my Scala nearly a year now and I would never go back to a Fabia. Firstly it is so much  more comfortable than the Fabia. I regularly do a 4 hour drive I used to crawl out of the Fabia  full of aches and pain not so in the Scala. The seats are so much more supportive and all round the Scala is so much better to drive.  The Fabia estate had a great boot space but the Scala is almost the best in class for space and not far behind. The only thing I miss from the Fabia is the simple to use controls. The infotainment system and heater control's are a nightmare on all the new Skoda cars and are simply not clever. I have to go through a tick list to turn things on or off every time I use the car. MPG overall my 1.0 Scala I am finding is better than  than the Fabia's. 

I have a DSG gearbox the last Fabia had it's clutches replaced twice in the first 30k miles, I have now done nearly 10K miles in the Scala and the gearbox is ultra smooth.

Overall the SEL DSG Scala is a very good car let down by a fiddly infotainment system. Buying again I would go for the SE and upgrade to the things I like 

Lastly if you have a DSG box and you do a lot of Motorway driving adaptive cruise control is fantastic, I had it on my last Fabia and it was the number one on my list of upgrades for the Scala

One more thing do not get the Skoda satnav system it is awful save your money use Waze through your mobile it's free

No chance on a Scala estate it would clash with the Octavia 

Good feedback - thanks! I've gone for the bog-standard SE model - it has everything I need, and the Android Auto integration will work perfectly (I currently have it in my Fabia and tested it on the Scala when I had my test drive).

Looking forward to having the extra room and the DSG box!

1 hour ago, sparckzero said:

Good feedback - thanks! I've gone for the bog-standard SE model - it has everything I need, and the Android Auto integration will work perfectly (I currently have it in my Fabia and tested it on the Scala when I had my test drive).

Looking forward to having the extra room and the DSG box!

Make Shure you do a skoda scala configurator on skoda website  just to make sure it has what you need and not what you thought it came with