2016 2.0 TDI, EGR Valve solenoid short circuit to ground

Slimjim176

Hello,  I bought a 2016 2.0 TDI last weekend, last night the Emissions System warning light came on whilst starting the engine. 
A scan today produced the following codes, which indicate EGR valve is short circuit to ground. 
I've read various posts on the Briskoda forum about EGR valve issues on older engines, and due to location under the turbo, the repair bill can be around £700 inc. labour.
Has anyone has this issue on a later engine and know if you still have to dismantle a lot of kit under the engine to access the EGR valve?

Or had these error codes and know if it could just be a broken earth wire?

P140000
P040300
P144000
P140100

I bought the car from an independent dealer 150 miles away last weekend, but took out an Autoguard warranty which may cover a broken EGR valve

Thanks

20201203_141658.jpg

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, stevewat said:

did you get this sorted i am having similer prob just found out this model has two egr valves but i dont know if its the one at frount or back ?

What are the fault codes in relation to?

I think the low pressure EGR at the back of the engine uses an electrionic butterfly valve, and the high pressure EGR valve at the front of the engine uses a vacuum operated valve for EGR flow control. Therefore if you have codes relating to a solenoid operated valve, my best guess is that on the bulkhead there will be a modulating solenoid valve that uses vacuum to control the EGR valve at the front of the engine so that is where I would look first.

I could be wrong though so the best thing to do is have a good look yourself.

13 hours ago, stevewat said:

did you get this sorted i am having similer prob just found out this model has two egr valves but i dont know if its the one at frount or back ?

Slimjim176 last visited here February 2021...

Edited by 137699

I have two codes P144000 egr electrically operated valve open circuit and P040300 egr solenoid valve faulty operation but it's not knowing if it's the back one or the front one thank for the input