New VRS collected with a few questions dealer have been unable to answer as yet

parsey83

9 hours ago, Anth1s said:

I am from Lithuania and just collected my vRS 2.0tsi with DCC - aaaand surprise, no sound acutator. 
It is not listed in the specs neither in additional specs. 
my car is pretty high spec so i thought it would have it... 

a bit of shame if it is not possible to have it. 
will need to invest to Akrapovic or Panthera sound then...  

Congratulations! Drive safe!
New exhaust will be my first future upgrade. Although I do have the sound actuator. 

So in your country there is no option for it in the configurator? Not under standard specs nor under additional ones? 

39 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Congratulations! Drive safe!
New exhaust will be my first future upgrade. Although I do have the sound actuator. 

So in your country there is no option for it in the configurator? Not under standard specs nor under additional ones? 

Can you take a picture of it at all please to see if we can establish if hardware is there on our cars?

3 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

Daft question....what is this sound actuator? 

It's the fake 'rorty' exhaust/engine sound, which came as standard in the Mk3 Octavia when put into Sport mode, which many owners disliked and switched off. It impresses people ... some people and then becomes a bit annoying. I had it on mine and a Golf GTI, which actually had a real burbling exhaust. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redboy said:

It's the fake 'rorty' exhaust/engine sound, which came as standard in the Mk3 Octavia when put into Sport mode, which many owners disliked and switched off. It impresses people ... some people and then becomes a bit annoying. I had it on mine and a Golf GTI, which actually had a real burbling exhaust. 

ahhh i dont have the vrs anyway but keep seeing people mention it, seems like another things skoda said comes as standard and dont appear on car? Seems very typical on this this octavia atm with things being standard and not actually having these things

3 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

ahhh i dont have the vrs anyway but keep seeing people mention it, seems like another things skoda said comes as standard and dont appear on car? Seems very typical on this this octavia atm with things being standard and not actually having these things

Actually it looks like it's vice versa. At least in Slovenia. Back in October the sound generator was on the ext options list. And now it's on the standard one. But if you didn't specifically order it at that time, you don't get it now. So for people who ordered their VRSs in the fall 2020 and didn't order the sound generator, they don't get it.

52 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Actually it looks like it's vice versa. At least in Slovenia. Back in October the sound generator was on the ext options list. And now it's on the standard one. But if you didn't specifically order it at that time, you don't get it now. So for people who ordered their VRSs in the fall 2020 and didn't order the sound generator, they don't get it.

ahhh yes i get ya now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Picture of what exactly? Of the option for sound change in the individual drive mode?

A pic of your bulkhead under the open bonnet. The golf and mk3 octavia used one similar to this 

5827E0CD-BF4A-4839-BE37-D432F6CB7B55.jpeg

Hey!! I tried to take few pics of what i have under the bonnet.

my car rooled out of factory 2020-11 end. 
i do not see it in my spec sheet nor do i see this option in new cars additional spec sheet... 

could it be that because i was one of the first orders, they did not include this at all ? 

attachibg few pics, not sure if anything is related to the acutator.. will conta t my dealer tomorrow. 

44008829-B1A5-4096-BA85-8D6CA1775B3C.jpeg

541FD555-775E-418C-AC5B-2A70AB4FC0D4.jpeg

9F58C5EA-102D-4365-8286-6812768520B3.jpeg

4 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

@parsey83 why the groan reaction?

14 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I took the photo of the same "thing". Not sure this is it but it's the only thing visible on the car's firewall and looking similar to what @parsey83 posted above.

2021-01-17 15.11.10.jpg

That’s your brake booster in behind the brake fluid reservoir

If I recall correctly on my mk3 it was up against the bulkhead and the motor actually vibrated and sent the sound through the windscreen and not the car speakers. But we need someone with it fitted and working to post a pic or two up to see if it is hardware or as some have said it may now be played through the speakers. 

So I have different sound in different driving mode and an option under individual mode to turn the engine sound off. So I must have it either as a separate unit like the mk3 has it or only through car speakers. :biggrin: I can look in more details under the hood tomorrow. Or if someone with more knowledge about mk4 can point me into right direction where to look.

Edit: I just watch a video showing where it actually sits in the mk3 and it looks like you can't see it without removing some plastics.

Edited by TheUltraRunner

42 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

So I have different sound in different driving mode and an option under individual mode to turn the engine sound off. So I must have it either as a separate unit like the mk3 has it or only through car speakers. :biggrin: I can look in more details under the hood tomorrow. Or if someone with more knowledge about mk4 can point me into right direction where to look.

Edit: I just watch a video showing where it actually sits in the mk3 and it looks like you can't see it without removing some plastics.

If you put it into sport mode and Rev lightly with the back of your hand against the windscreen you will feel the vibration through the screen if it’s using the same methods as the mk3

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 19:00, parsey83 said:

If you put it into sport mode and Rev lightly with the back of your hand against the windscreen you will feel the vibration through the screen if it’s using the same methods as the mk3

So I did this today. And as you said, there is a vibration through the windscreen in the sport mode.