2007 VRS - VN57CAV

dale7920

Hi everyone,

Having just sold my Scirocco R I'm looking to change to something a bit more dog friendly... I'm looking at a 2008 (57 plate) Octavia VRS estate with 79000 miles on the clock - VN57CAV.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here previously owned or knows of the car before I go and view it with the aim of buying.

MOT is clean and previous tests look pretty clean as well.

Also, it appears the Octavia VRS hold their value well... Anyone have any real world suggestions as to expected prices? Valuation sites I've found generally aren't realistic prices.

All being well and depending on your feedback I'll become an active member 🙂

Thanks a lot

Dale

prices a very dependant on options and history.

be wary of using MOT's to assume the cars in good shape, especially if the garage selling (assuming it's not private) has their own in house tester 

worth putting on if its petrol or diesel so people can advise on engine specific things to suggest  or even sick the advert on or point in the direction of, as there might be people who spot things you might miss. 

I don't  know what you look at when buying but I like to press every button and makes sure everything works even getting on the floor and having a look underneath 

Edited by Gissin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gissin said:

worth putting on if its petrol or diesel so people can advise on engine specific things to suggest  or even sick the advert on or point in the direction of, as there might be people who spot things you might miss.

Manual, petrol.  I'm with you on the press every button and get on the floor (with a torch):

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011126055897?postcode=bn213uu&year-from=2007&keywords=vRS&model=OCTAVIA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=relevance&include-delivery-option=on&body-type=Estate&year-to=2008&make=SKODA&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&page=1

Wonder what 'Rekotw Centeal Lockinng' is :biggrin:

Gaz

Edited by Gaz_
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for the replies. I'm going to look at it tomorrow so 🤞🏻...

Good idea on the torch, I've had a good number of cars and forget to take one every time 🤦🏻‍♂️

All being well I might become an active member here after tomorrow

Well... I bought it...

Got an ok deal, near enough immaculate outside and in. Some stone chips but nothing major especially for a 13 year old car 🙂

Does anyone know if the mk2 VRS came with brembo calipers as standard or even optional extra?

Looking forward to getting involved on here now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1