Karoq plastic textured bumper scratched

Dyrnog

Plastic bumper on Karoq is scratched, can catch nail in so too deep to polish out I`ve been told but polishing out would change finish anyway. Can the plastic bumper cover be replaced or refinished/painted. Scratch was missed at PDI but I pointed it out when picking car up, dealer assured me it would easily polish out but having looked at it again it will not polish out. Realise I should have just  rejected it or insisted on gtee of repair/replace before accepting car. Waiting for dealer to come back now once he has spoken to his manager, read some where that texture finish can be repaired and painted to match, anyone have experience of plastic bumper repair as suspect they will want to repair rather than replace.

TIA

Edited by Dyrnog
typo

Same happened to mine. A bit wet sanding (1000 grit, sanding confers similar texture), cleaning and local spraying with matte black paint solved it. Unfortunately no picture. No one can notice the scratch  ;)

Edited by irfant
Typo
  • Thanks 1

@Dyrnog

Why worry about how the Dealership resolve the fault as they delivered the car.

Just get your courtesy car and they can replace the bumper or have a smart repair done so that there is not scratch or sign of a repair.

If there is just some 'Kerb Side' autos type poor cover up job then just do not accept that from them.

• Thanks 1

I damaged mine at 2 days old driving off from parking into a concrete planter I couldn’t see from the driving seat and auto brake didn’t work.

I would like to know how to hide the damage as the  lower black part of the bumper costs over £400 plus fitting?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@Dyrnog

Why worry about how the Dealership resolve the fault as they delivered the car.

Just get your courtesy car and they can replace the bumper or have a smart repair done so that there is not scratch or sign of a repair.

If there is just some 'Kerb Side' autos type poor cover up job then just do not accept that from them.

So smart repair on plastic textured bumper would be effective and not noticeable?

Pretty sure that hey will want to repair rather than replace.

Edited by Dyrnog
typo again