Poor USB connection port

dionysos77

Hi all,

I realised that the only USB port on my car (2018 Skoda Karoq) providing poor connection (mechanically loose)

So is there way that I can change it by my self.

And also I wonder if there is a way to use a hub to increase number of USB ports available.

Could you please provide guidance to me?

regards

You probably could change it yourself if you could manage to get original parts

And you can use something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerDrive-Adapter-iPhone-Black/dp/B07PGT7LSR/ref=sxin_10_ac_d_rm?ac_md=0-0-Y2FyIHVzYg%3D%3D-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=car+usb&dchild=1&keywords=car+usb&pd_rd_i=B07PGT7LSR&pd_rd_r=bc3834f1-61ee-4cd5-8c86-497bd5d61c11&pd_rd_w=5PYlt&pd_rd_wg=PJQXA&pf_rd_p=17aec670-a34a-456d-b214-b9a882c785b0&pf_rd_r=8H53G4M3GW5DNR3DSX4J&psc=1&qid=1608807104&sr=1-1-fe323411-17bb-433b-b2f8-c44f2e1370d4

to increase number of ports available - it will only allow you to charge your usb devices, not connect them to the infotainment screen (you can only use android auto/apple car play if mobile phone is connected to the car's integrated usb port)

@fux thank you for the answer,

I've been usign a lighter power supply with 4 ports since the day I  bought the car. Because I've a wireless charging phone holder and a dashcam and my wife needs a charging port for her iphone sometimes, so not just two ports, I have 4 ports of USB charging points.

My intention is to keep USB stick and my phone connected to head unit, and being able to play music on USB stick while using adroid auto.

So I need multiple usb ports connected to infotainment system.

any ideas?

As far as I know it is not possible to have multiple USB ports connected to the infotainment system on a car with only 1 USB port.

There is one thing you could try - new Karoqs (model year 2021) now come with 2 USB C ports (and a third one next to the rear view mirror intended for dashcams) - get in touch with your dealership to see if its possible to replace your existing USB area with the one from MY21:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Fux

• 1 month later...

The output of the USB socket in my MY2019 is fairly low.  It will keep the satnav or my phone going but it doesn't have enough power to charge them significantly if they are in use.  I changed to using a charger connected to the 12v socket to charge the phone and keep the satnav charged at the same time..

• 2 weeks later...