Mk3 Boot light issue

Hi all,

On my 2nd Supurb, the new car is an improvement over the mk2.

The boot lights on my car aren't working, I looked at various posts but nothing has helped thus far.

The torch is charging fine and all the rear lights are working as expected.

I've noticed the torchlight come on once very dimly once but not the others.

Last night with the boot open the dash shows the boot being opened and closed very quickly, the lights on the door mirrors go on and off as well.

It seems like there is an issue with the sensor\switch, but I can't find any info on where this is.  Any searches for boot switch some up with the opening "switch", any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I've done some investigation work on this.  With the two tailgate lights removed the torch light works as expected and the dash doenst show the tailgate open and closing.

Measuring the volatge round the wrong way caused the torch to go off, but measuring the correct way was fine showing the expected voltage.

Both lights have continuity so should be ok.

Odd....

Thanks, James, I pulled the light from the glovebox it was the same, I plugged in both lights and they both worked on the glovebox feed.

I didn't try the one from the glovebox in the boot, I will do that and check the polarity matches on all the connectors.

@James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdal

On 11/01/2021 at 22:19, James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale said:

From memory there's a diode in the light units. If one fails then you experience the issues above. 

I'm sure the glovebox light is the same so you can use that to swap out and test each boot light.

Hi James,

Not sure if you saw my last reply.  I have done some more testing.  Both rear lights work on the glove box connection but using the glovebox light in the boot causes the same issue the torch goes out and the boot light is off.  I check that the wiring has the same polarity and it does.

is it that the boot connections are more sensitive and if there is an issue with the diodes the issue is caused?

Many thanks,

Luke

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...