The Apple Car Play in MIB3 gets stuck way to often

Hi Ive had my Kodiaq 2021 since 28th of December.

I did the latest system update to the MIB 3 system which don't seem to have done anything really.

Anyway I have the Columbus nav + MIB 3 plattform on infotainment.

And to be really really nice I think it could use some TLC from some friendly programmer..

I use Apple CarPlay with iPhone 8..And what I see is that if I play music on Spotify it hangs the system as soon as I do anything else in the menus..like change color on ambient lightning....or change the bass in the equaliser..anything..

And then I need to reboot...

If I only play music then after a while reboot needed as well...

Sometimes the sound is totally dead and nothing can be done about it other then shutting of the car and wait for an hour or so..

I had a Tiguan before with MIB 2 and there was never any issues....so did VW fire all good system developers and kept the ones no one else wanted..or dud they cut the budget for that department or..

I have seen many commenting on the flaws of mib 3 and I can only agree...

I don't understand how a company like VW can release a product that has so many flaws...didnt they test it at all?

I really love my Skoda Kodiaq so far on all points except this...If this don't get better real soon then

this was my first and my last Skoda and probably vw product ever..Since I really want a car where I can rely on that the stereo actually is capable of playing music when I want to hear it and not when it feels like it..

Take Care all

which version of iOS are you using?

I also use wireless Carplay and Spotify (iPhone SE 2020, iOS 14.3=latest) but the music never stopped once I started going thru other menus

the whole sound/audio stopped a few times until I received a call or got out of the car for a few minutes

a new annoiance I found is if I start using Waze and the phone is tucked away somewhere so that the GPS can’t locate it precisely, Waze will calculate the route relative to the last GPS position and will not update the current location even if I put the phone in its charging box (or close to a window) or if I cancel the route and i put another one... I have to turn off the engine to have Carplay disconnect and then turn on again with the phone in an ‘localizable’ position

1 minute ago, FilipC said:

which version of iOS are you using?

I also use wireless Carplay and Spotify (iPhone SE 2020, iOS 14.3=latest) but the music never stopped once I started going thru other menus

the whole sound/audio stopped a few times until I received a call or got out of the car for a few minutes

a new annoiance I found is if I start using Waze and the phone is tucked away somewhere so that the GPS can’t locate it precisely, Waze will calculate the route relative to the last GPS position and will not update the current location even if I put the phone in its charging box (or close to a window) or if I cancel the route and i put another one... I have to turn off the engine to have Carplay disconnect and then turn on again with the phone in an ‘localizable’ position

im on a iPhone 8 with IOS 14.3 so the latest one.

Maybe its the Spotify app on Apple Carplay then..

Oh havent had that happen to my Waze yet but...

I also notice how slow MIB 3 is compared to MIB 2...Did they not test the software before putting it in cars..

Since Im a System Architect its rather strange to me to se a software 2021 that doesnt work better then its predesessor.