Want to buy Octavia Mk3 Estate, SE, SE L, vRS...what are your thoughts?

e17Phil

Hi There, 

My Mk1 Fabia vRS (which I bought via Briskoda post in 2014) needs upgrading thanks to growing family and an 85 mile commute 4 x week. 

I'm considering a Mk3 estate 2017 facelift and I'm considering 1.4tsi SE, SE L and diesel vRS. 90% of the miles will be motorway driving. Any others you think I should add to the mix?

Quite a price difference from 1.4 SE to vRS. I'm trying to be sensible, so my head's telling me 1.4 SE, but my heart is saying vRS. Do you think vRS would be wasted just whizzing up and down motorway? For comfort would 1.4 SE be a good option?

I'm monitoring sales on the forum, but if anyone has one of these models they're looking to sell I'd love to hear from you. 

Thanks

Phil

The VRS is a motorway muching tool.  Great machine.  If fuel economy is important, then get a Diesel 181 VRS (FL variant if you can afford it).  Second hand prices on MK3 Octavia are crazy expensive at the moment, only because of Brexit (hard to get imports into the UK) and poor supply of MK4's

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...