Tail light warning light.....

Cows

Yesterday it came up that I had to check the left tail gate light. I did (and got my husband to as well!) and all is ok. I cannot find out how to clear the warning light. I presumed I’d be able to on the computer thingy but can’t see it.  Any ideas? I’ve got a 2017 fabia. TIA

You have more than one tail light bulb, make sure they are ALL working.

Look carefully and compare side to side.

Mine has four tail light bulbs per side.

Thanks, AG Falco

36 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

You have more than one tail light bulb, make sure they are ALL working.

Look carefully and compare side to side.

Mine has four tail light bulbs per side.

Thanks, AG Falco

All my lights are working. I’ll check again but pretty confident to say they are all the same 

Have you removed all of the light bulbs to look at them.

You are looking of one which might have a dark stain on the inside of the glass.

Thanks, AG Falco

I had similar experience about a year ago. I discovered it was the reverse lamp not fully inserted and had gradually worked its way loose after 3 years! 

What was most confusing was that we checked the tail lights parked in the drive and all looked good with no error message on the dashboard. 

Then we realised the error only appeared after we drove off. Of course, we reversed in order to get off the driveway: a light bulb moment as the saying goes. 

We took off the light cluster and went to remove the reversing lamp and realised immediately that it wasn't fully engaged. It is a tight fit and we guess that the moron assembling it couldn't get the bayonets to fully engage, so eventually it worked loose. 

After reassembly, it's been fine ever since. 

Ok. Confession time........... upon much closer inspection it certainly was the bottom left hand tail light that had gone. It really was hard to see. All sorted now. Thank you for the responses. Much appreciated 

• Like 1