Central locking / electric windows

Mikey86

Hello, i was hoping one of you experts could help with your wealth of knowledge. I apologise in advance for the long post.
We recently have encountered a problem with our 2007 fabia 1.2 htp. It is the basic model with non remote locking and front electric windows. The battery went flat a few days ago and the car required a jump start. We think this is when the problems started.
I have since fitted a new battery as the old one was around 8 yrs old and goosed. When trying to lock the car using the drivers door, the car locks but the interior light remains on and the key symbol on the lock switch inside illuminates. The car does not deadlock. if you then leave the car for any period of time, the drivers door will not unlock the whole car. When locking from the passenger door all is ok. We get a flash from the indicators and the car deadlocks. Further to this the electric windows have stopped working. Not even a clicking when operating the switch. Yesterday however the passenger window operated for a short time even when the keys were out and the car was locked. I have checked the wiring looms to the doors and they are fine. I get continuity from the main plug to all ancillary plugs and there are no damaged cables. Tries disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours with no change. Never come across anything like this before and i am stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. 

All doors including drivers both unlock and lock from the passenger door. They also operate normally with the switch in the centre console. All fuses are good. 

• 3 years later...