Bonelorry's BMW S1000R Sport

bonelorry

Firstly I know its not a Car but I believe this Section allows for Non Skoda & other projects?? Apologies to Mods if it isn't allowed in this Section.

So I have had a few Bikes and I have actually owned a couple of BMW S1000R Sports in the past, A couple of Gen 1 2016 Models and then a Gen 2 2018 Model. I sold my last one and bought a Suzuki Hayabusa, The Suzuki went last Summer and I said I was going to have a break from Bikes, Buy a Second Car to have as a Toy and then began looking at Bikes again in December and here I am.

I know I am a nightmare, I cannot help it though :D

So what I have bought?

I looked at all sorts, Considered a few Bikes I have not yet owned but there are not that many Bikes I actually want to own. Nearly went for a Fully Faired S1000RR Sport and then talked myself out of it.

I didn't want to buy Brand New due to the depreciation and I don't do PCP as I am old school so was looking at stuff that was 1-2 Years old but my main criteria was condition.

So as you have probably figured out by now I have bought...

Another BMW S1000R Sport, This is a slightly different to the last One due to the fact its Blue instead of White.

: 2020/20 Plate Gen 2, 165BHP, S1000R Sport
: San Marino Blue Metallic
: Sport and Dynamic Package so has all the toys including Cruise, Shift Assist allowing Up & Down Clutchless Gearshifts, Also has the Optional BMW Factory Alarm.
: Done just 506 Miles from New

Its a 1 Owner Bike, Owned by BMW UK so not a Demonstrator. A Motorrad Manager had the Bike as his own and it has clearly been well looked after. Registered June 2020 and had its Running in Service in October 2020 at 500 Miles, It has not been ridden since and has never seen a Winter or by the looks of things seen any Wet Weather full stop.

It was difficult to find an example I was interested in despite there been a few to choose from, It was made more difficult due to Covid restrictions and distance selling. I rejected about 5 Bikes up and down the UK, All with 1000 Miles or less as I wanted something that had not been used as an Ex-Demo or through Winter.

I asked as much detail over the Phone, I was sent some HD Pictures and was sent a 12 Min HD Video going into a lot of Detail, The Salesman knew what my expectations where as I had already refused another of the Bikes in their Stock. He assured me that it was One of the best used examples he had seen and that I wouldn't be disappointed.

The only pic I has of the Bike upto when it was Delivered...

50950976926_fbeac9a203_z.jpg 

To Be Continued...

Edited by bonelorry
  • Like 3

Wouldn’t have expected any less from you mate great thread as per usual 👍

Love the ramp that you have and not in the slightest bit jealous of all the spare time you have whilst I’m stuck in the house doing childcare and the Mrs is at work 😢

Bike looks awesome I’ll await the thread in a week saying you’ve sold it and bought something else (only joking)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chunk11 said:

Wouldn’t have expected any less from you mate great thread as per usual 👍

Love the ramp that you have and not in the slightest bit jealous of all the spare time you have whilst I’m stuck in the house doing childcare and the Mrs is at work 😢

Bike looks awesome I’ll await the thread in a week saying you’ve sold it and bought something else (only joking)

Cheers mate appreciate it!

Well I am lucky to work shifts and get blocks of time off in-between, That said in June we are expecting our first Baby so my Spare time will be a bit more limited but its all good..

As for your last comment, You never know with me :blush 

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a couple of Hours fettling at the Weekend, Not really a job that needed doing due the little Mileage the Bike has done but something I always do on all my Bikes is to give the Brakes a quick check over for my own personal satisfaction.

On these and most Bikes all the Brakes are built up dry from the factory which isn't a big deal until they get wet, The Brembo's on the front are renowned to be particularly delicate and the OEM Pads have a Raw Metal finish on the backings which can react when wet with the Aluminium on the Caliper itself. Its not so much of an issue with the Rear Brake Caliper as its a different design with Stainless Shims that the Pad moves on.

I have seen a few fellow all Year round riders on the S1000R owners club run into issues with Binding Brakes on the Front and Brake Pads that weld themselves into the Caliper. This is on Bikes that are used in the worst of Weathers I might add.

As I said even though my Bike has done little mileage, When I removed the Front Brake Pads you could clearly see some discolouration where the Pad sits in the Caliper and it has been wet probably from been Washed at some point and then put away.

What I did...

: Removed Front and Rear Brake Calipers.
: All Brake Pads removed, Lightly rubbed the Backing Plates to remove Oxidisation.
: Pistons pushed back by hand
: Calipers given a clean using Putoline Brake Cleaner and microfibre, Just to remove Brake Dust on inside.
: Brake Pads all given light application of Putoline Ceramic Grease on any contact areas before refitting.

I also drained the Fuel out as I am not sure what is in there and will be putting a fresh Tank of Shell V-Power in before the first outing.

Just waiting for a good Downpour to wash away the Road Salt and I am looking forward to getting out on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got out on the Bike Today for its Maiden Voyage :)

I have been itching to get out over the past few Days as we have had a Dry spell after some Heavy Rain which washed all the Road Salt away.

I had drained the Tank on the Bike last Week and filled it with some fresh Shell V-Power as I knew it wouldn't be long before I got out.

Just finished a row of shifts and had 3 days of Training in Leeds on a Course for work which has melted my head and after the final assessment I got away early this Afternoon.

Anyway long story short I needed some time out so swapped the Visors over on my Arai Helmet for the Clear one, Checked the Tyre Pressures on the Bike headed out for an Hour just as it was going Dark. Did about 35 steady Miles just to ensure everything is OK with the Bike, I have not ridden anything since last July when I sold my Suzuki Hayabusa so took it easy for the most part.

All seems fine with the Bike as expected, I have owned a couple of these in the past but they never fail to amaze me. Just a superb package and so agile.

Looking forward to my next Ride, Will hopefully get out for a full day soon when Weather and shifts allow.

• 1 month later...

And this One has sold :D

Just had a chap from the BMW S1000R Sport Owners Group at my House who left a deposit on the Bike and picks it up on Friday.

He was after buying one so I offered mine and stated a price I was happy with, He viewed it Today and was blown away with the condition. Doubt he would have got a better example without buying a new one to be honest.

Been a while since I have sold a Bike privately but he was superb to deal with.

Onto the next project whatever that might be :blush:

2 hours ago, bonelorry said:

And this One has sold :D

Just had a chap from the BMW S1000R Sport Owners Group at my House who left a deposit on the Bike and picks it up on Friday.

He was after buying one so I offered mine and stated a price I was happy with, He viewed it Today and was blown away with the condition. Doubt he would have got a better example without buying a new one to be honest.

Been a while since I have sold a Bike privately but he was superb to deal with.

Onto the next project whatever that might be :blush:

Shock! Oh wait not really....🤣

The main question is which bike has caught your eye?

Im looking forward to you getting another bike to see you detail it and bring it up to scratch 👍

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chunk11 said:

Shock! Oh wait not really....🤣

The main question is which bike has caught your eye?

Im looking forward to you getting another bike to see you detail it and bring it up to scratch 👍

Exactly what the Wife said :D

Couple of options regarding the Bike, I keep thinking about getting a few Older Bikes equal to the value of the BMW.

Then again I could end up with anything with my track record.

8 hours ago, KenONeill said:

How about a nice Triumph Trident T150V (the upgrade of the original that included a front disc brake, indicators and electric foot).

When I said something older I meant within the last 15-20 Years :)

I had ridden a few Bikes from the 70's but I am not sure I would want to own something from that era.