Retrofit Front Fog Lights - Coding Help?

JGrindel

Hi All, 

So I have just installed the Skoda front fog light retrofit (6V0 052 186) on my colour edition 2017. 

I am awaiting a new light switch in the post (5E0 941 431 D). Once that has arrived I can tell the BCM (09 CE) that 'light rotary with fog light' is installed (ODBEleven just has NO / YES, currently its NO) 

But I also need to tell the BCM that the fog lights are installed. Does anyone know what Byte and Bit I need to change on long coding to activate or any help in general for 'checking' the front fogs being installed. 

current long code for 09 CE is - 0F 00 08 50 42 05 09 73 03 A0 40 80 B1 07 13 08 00 00 D9 00 D6 01 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 

BCM model - 6C0 937 089

I have ODBEleven Pro. 

TIA

Also attached is whole car readout. 

Fabia CE 2017 - Whole Scan.rtf

Edited by JGrindel

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t help you with the coding but I’ll be interested to see how you get on here.

My wife’s 1.2tsi 16 plate doesn’t have front fogs and where we live (rural) it’s a bit useless without out them so for around £100 it might be a worthwhile retrofit if not too difficult.

The part number for the switch shows one with auto headlights though which ours doesn’t have, does yours?

Also what was involved with fitting them into the bumper and the wiring?

On 08/03/2021 at 21:41, SkudMissile21 said:

Can’t help you with the coding but I’ll be interested to see how you get on here.

My wife’s 1.2tsi 16 plate doesn’t have front fogs and where we live (rural) it’s a bit useless without out them so for around £100 it might be a worthwhile retrofit if not too difficult.

The part number for the switch shows one with auto headlights though which ours doesn’t have, does yours?

Also what was involved with fitting them into the bumper and the wiring?

I am writing a guide as we speak, all fitted and coded in, cornering fogs also activated! Better order this quick as its last in stock!!! I didn't pay any duties on import either. - https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/6v0052186-retrofit-kit-halogen-fog-lamp-oe-24655.html

• Like 1