Fuel Filter not going out

Hi guys, sorry for a silly question but I wanted to double check as I couldnt find anything else on the internet regarding this. I was changing the filters today and everything went smooth except the fuel filter. I unscrewed and opened the lid. I started to slowly taking it out but it got stuck halfway, I just couldnt take it out, I used a little force to pull it out also wiggling it, rotating and pulling at the same time but it just wasnt coming out. On the videos regarding this fuel filter and also on other cars it was always just slight pull without any force and it goes out. I didnt wanted to damage anything so I just placed it back and didnt replace it with the new one. So my question is, has someone met with this? Should I just try it to rip it out and nothing will damage? Is there any trick to this? Thanks for every input on this really appreciate it.

hi delon the videos i have seen shows it's a really easy job, but that is something that would happen to me also, maybe drain the fuel out with a siphon pipe or syringe it out, and then have a good look at whats stopping it sliding out, by the way what car and engine is it...michael.

Thanks mate, I will try it out tomorrow to pump it out and check where it is getting hanged on, inside is mehle filter which has little ridges at the bottom of it. I will let you guys know how it went and do vcds test also. The motor is 2.0TDI 110kw forgot to mention.

if you look at the videos close up one guy cleans the sludge of the bottom of the filter housing and there is nothing in the bottom that could hold on to a filter they are just a smooth aluminum cylinder ....i am intrigued to see how you get on....michael.