Driver’s door locks failing to engage with remote (and no, not with the key still in range)

As of yesterday, driver’s door on my Kodiak no longer locking using the remote or when pressing the back of the door handle. All other doors will lock. If I take the fob out of range, I can still open the door (just that one, all of the rest are still locked). Alarm sounds when I open the door. 
I can lock the door using the thin key only. Car drives fine, and tried both fobs, which both have new batteries fairly recently installed. 
So it’s not a synchronisation issue with the fobs, as far as I can tell. I have tried wd40 in the lock and down the door from the top. Given that I can lock via the thin key, it must be software, not mechanical though. 
Car booked in late next week (earliest the dealer could do) and as out of warranty I have to pay a diagnostic fee. 
Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. 

Have you tried unlocking the car. Moving your key far away. Then sitting in the car and trying to start it? Basically test for a key being left in the car. 

The few times that I have experienced weird locking behaviour turned out to be because I’d left a key in the car. 

Thanks Keith. I don’t have a data plug so the app doesn’t give me that info (unless I’m missing something). 

I think it might be the solenoid but I’m not sure. 

11 minutes ago, Jamesk1463 said:

Thanks Keith. I don’t have a data plug so the app doesn’t give me that info (unless I’m missing something). 

I think it might be the solenoid but I’m not sure. 

I mean the MySkoda app, not an OBD2 dongle/app. You can check the status of the car (doors, windows, lights) and lock/unlock the car remotely, even sound the horn and flash the lights. Depending on what you can/cannot do via the app, it might help to narrow down the issue.

Screenshot_20210403-200556.png

Edited by KeithOwen

7 minutes ago, Jamesk1463 said:

Thanks Keith. I have the MySkoda app but it says the service has expired. Worth it to pay for that? James

To be honest I had no idea you had to pay for it. I never have. I bought my car 2nd hand from a dealer but I don't recall any discussion about subscription, just the technicians activating it for me when I picked up the car. Maybe it runs out when the car is a certain age (mine was Jan 2020)? It might be worth you  asking your dealer when you take the car in if they can activate it?

As for the app, I find it useful for things like checking I've locked it, sending routes to the navigation system, parking position etc. It can be a bit flakey at times, but more often than not logging out then in again fixes it. 

• 1 year later...
On 03/04/2021 at 14:43, Jamesk1463 said:

As of yesterday, driver’s door on my Kodiak no longer locking using the remote or when pressing the back of the door handle. All other doors will lock. If I take the fob out of range, I can still open the door (just that one, all of the rest are still locked). Alarm sounds when I open the door. 
I can lock the door using the thin key only. Car drives fine, and tried both fobs, which both have new batteries fairly recently installed. 
So it’s not a synchronisation issue with the fobs, as far as I can tell. I have tried wd40 in the lock and down the door from the top. Given that I can lock via the thin key, it must be software, not mechanical though. 
Car booked in late next week (earliest the dealer could do) and as out of warranty I have to pay a diagnostic fee. 
Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. 

I have exactly the same issue. What was it, and how was it solved? @Jamesk1463

Not exactly the same problem, but My 2020 L&K kessy stopped working. Would lock and unlock by pressing the buttons on the key, but not by touching the handle. I had to have the door mechanism replaced. Fortunately it was under warranty. Mine was also only happening on the driver door.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having door lock problems! 2017 car, nearside rear door fails to lock, and now sometimes, driver's door won't unlock! Car appears to be receiving the signals from the remote fob OK (tried it with both fobs), and if the fob is close to the car, the same thing happens if you touch the driver's door (the other doors unlock but not the driver's door). Are the lock assemblies in the doors, known for being troublesome?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Avocet said:

I'm also having door lock problems! 2017 car, nearside rear door fails to lock, and now sometimes, driver's door won't unlock! Car appears to be receiving the signals from the remote fob OK (tried it with both fobs), and if the fob is close to the car, the same thing happens if you touch the driver's door (the other doors unlock but not the driver's door). Are the lock assemblies in the doors, known for being troublesome?

The door locks on the Karoq are well known to be a problem so I guess the Kodiaq will be the same.

Had both front locks replaced on my 18 reg Karoq   under All in One Service plan.

• Like 1