Decisions Decisions (Buying a used VRS)

Currently rolling around in a 2000 Seat Toledo, I quite like it but it really is a bit of an old mans car!

Always admired the VRS and finally got round to test driving one today, I was very impressed and now I want one! The one I drove today was a 54 plate with 5k on the clock up for

Don't do the deal over the phone. It's only two hours away.

You can't tell 100% what the car looks like in the flesh, even good quality photos can't tell you that. Also for a good p/x price the dealer will need a good examination of your car to give to the underwriter.

As for whether it's a good deal, go online at whatcar.com or vauxhall.co.uk and get a valuation there as a guide. No matter what you come up with someone on here will say they've seen better deals. Does it feel right for you? I would play hard to get with dealer no.1 and see if he can bump down the cost to change by another couple of hundred quid and meet him in the middle a bit.

You can soon see what the going rate for the model is by searching autotrader nationally.

go to parkers.co.uk (i think) and go to cars for sale. enter the details etc and it will give you a list of Fabia vrs's in various garages etc. you can compare the prices to these and see what you think. I sold my 05 with 10,000 on the clock for ten grand so the dealers dont look that far off.

I have been looking around for a bit and it seems like there is a bit of a premium for having the low mileage but nothing significant and the trade in on mine is fair but not wonderful. A service is worth a couple of hundred and my car has 7 months tax on it that I can claim back.

I had a browse on parkers of the cars within 100miles of me and I think the one your looking at is a pretty good deal. They wanted about the same as what your paying but had 10- 17000 on the clock. I would be tempted. Mind you I cant talk I am in the same boat but with a Octavia vrs estate I keep thinking there is a better deal round the corner and wont commit to the one I am looking at its a nightmare.

brand new autofinders do them for £11225! not much above the 10k! well worth it for the warranty and a choice of options. Also for the smell of a nice new cars. Their are also other online car delaers that will give you a decent wack off dealership prices. Ask a dealer if they will match the online guys and they may do! it's happened on here before!

Yeah I discovered the DTD price last night, now im really confused! I can have one in black magic with cruise for 11,471 (or there abouts) so if I managed to sell my car privately for slightly over 3k then the difference is almost covered.

I didnt know the mats came standard, I was going to ask for some but I dont think I will bother now (cant remember if there were any in the car). :rofl: