Any recommendations for Quartz Grey Metallic

I have a new Kodiaq SE L on order and it's Quartz Grey.  Any suggestions for a suitable wax / sealant?  I have an Autoglym life shine kit here that my father in law gave me.. is that worth a shot? I've always liked detailing my cars and have some Collinite, a little bit of Werkstatt kit - from about 10 years ago when I had metallic A4's.. Nothing too pricey, but something that will make the dark metallic look well..

Thanks

Congratulations on the new car. 

The Lifeshine kit will do a job for a while in as much as it will provide some protection. I suspect it’s not vastly different from Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection but in my experience it’s not a long-lived product. 

In terms of new products, it depends if you’re thinking wax, sealant or ceramic type products. 

I have been using Gyeon CanCoat which is a “lite” ceramic. The gloss levels are great and it will last around 6 months per application, more if you top it up with a QD after washing. 

There are also ceramic style, Si02 sealants from companies such as Meguiars (hybrid ceramic wax)  which supposedly give similar levels of protection but are more like sealants in terms of application. 

Then you have your traditional sealants and waxes! 

For me, it depends what you’re looking to achieve regarding longevity. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that.. it won't be here for another 5-6 weeks.. so just planning ahead.. I'm reasonably fussy with regard to washing etc.. but don't know much about all this ceramic stuff.. A good coat of Collinite 476 always did the job for me.. but maybe nowadays there are better options?  I see you have a Meteor Grey superb too.. great colour and I'll miss mine when it goes.. 

• Like 1