Coolant Leak

Hi,

My wife’s 2017 fabia has a coolant leak. I originally thought it was coming from a hose so replaced the clip but I’m not sure this has sorted it. 
on closer inspection I can see that a small amount of  coolant has pooled in an area next to the engine block. My concern is that it might be the head gasket? Gutted as the car has only done 16k miles! Does anyone that’s worked on these know if this is likely to be the case? Thanks 

EAB7C8E6-4CE6-49D1-9A4D-6C93939D43E9.jpeg

968E9AD1-8CBA-4F1E-9CD7-21EC2BAD995D.jpeg

That item you are pointing at is the watepump and distribution block. These engines waterpumps are driven by a separate belt on the left hand side of the engine.

If you google the number on the first picture 04C 121 600 L it comes back as waterpump. 

I wouldn't expect the head gasket to be leaking at only 16k miles... and if it was you'd have other issues like over heating, occasional white smoke from the exhaust etc. I would say the waterpump gasket has failed. My friends 1.2tsi had a recent service and they warned him of a slight leak on his waterpump. 

My first thing I would do is remove all water from that area, dry it up and then get your partner to turn the car on, wait for it to get up to temp and then give it some small revs to get the waterpump spinning faster and watch for any leaks. :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/06/2021 at 22:56, Boro8688 said:

Coolant pump housing seal will probably be leaking, To change housing you need to remove the coolant pump belt also. If you replace the full housing you need to change the belt also.

I have the same problem. Is problem on coolant seal housing on engine side or on thermostat side? Number 2 or number 10 on picture below? Thanks :)

032277ED-2004-4ED0-A983-3F854B49D782.jpeg

A598D069-FC92-44AC-A957-801E0148516A.png