Fabia VRS 2006 1900pd. ESP light coming on when driving.

Hi People,

Can anyone give advice on why my ESP light has now decided to come on. Seems to happen on motorway drives, going along fine then on comes the ESP light.

Doesn't seem to affect the driving at all.

Many Thanks 

Max

Mine is doing the same. You'd need to get a diagnostic plug in to point you in the right direction.

Mine says it has a fault for an implausible signal from the O/S/F wheel speed sensor circuit. That could be a faulty sensor, slight break in a wire or a wheel bearing losing its magnetism. I'd need to resistance test my sensor and wire to rule them out.

Hi HeavyMetalRich,

Many Thanks for the quick response, not sure if i'm up to the level of test you say. must admit I didn't know there was a speed sensor circuit, but much appreciate your help. 

Max

On 21/05/2021 at 20:02, Maxwell65 said:

Hi HeavyMetalRich,

Many Thanks for the quick response, not sure if i'm up to the level of test you say. must admit I didn't know there was a speed sensor circuit, but much appreciate your help. 

Max

The speed sensor circuit is the ABS circuit.

You'd still need to get a diagnostics test to read what fault code(s) is present to point you in the right direction.

The testing of components can be daunting if you're unfamiliar with a multimeter and how they work. There's only one way to get into it though and that is to give it a go. Testing the resistance of a sensor is quite easy as you have to unplug it and there are only two contacts to probe. 

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what reading is decent, I would think a quite high one taking into account the sensor is a coil of wire. However if you get a reading that can't be read or says "OL" then its a fairly safe bet your sensor needs replacing. If you get a decent reading then that probably points to the bearing.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi HeavyMetalRich,

Sorry not got back sooner Pc probs, Many Thanks again for your very helpful instruction on the testing. It now gives me some idea of what I should be looking for..

Best Regards 

Max

• Like 1