Škoda Scala couple of questions

Dave1337

Greetings!

Thinking to buy Scala 1.5 TSI manual Premium (Style) package, but here in Croatia Premium package does not include navigation (Amundsen infotainment system) nor virtual cockpit.

My question to owners, is it worth buying Amundsen infotainment with virtual cockpit? Since it costs 1250 EUR extra...

I would love to hear the experiences of the owners, any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

I took test drives in models both with and without the virtual cockpit and navigation. 
I decided to buy a model with the virtual cockpit and nav as I travel daily to different locations. Is it essential? No - you could use your phone for the sat nav and I do sometimes if I prefer the route on Google Maps. However I like the selection of views and information and having the map in the centre of dashboard. 

11 hours ago, CaptainScala said:

I took test drives in models both with and without the virtual cockpit and navigation. 
I decided to buy a model with the virtual cockpit and nav as I travel daily to different locations. Is it essential? No - you could use your phone for the sat nav and I do sometimes if I prefer the route on Google Maps. However I like the selection of views and information and having the map in the centre of dashboard. 

Thanks for the info,

Yep, these cool features of views and various information is pulling me to add Amundsen + virtual

Did you have any kind of problems (technical issues, etc...)  with virtual cockpit?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have the Scala SEL, comes standard with digital cockpit and sat nav, I love it. I see a few people not liking the sat nav, I think its a great, you do not have to look at the infotainment screen (meaning you can have something else showing ) as the navigation comes up on your digital cockpit.  

I have had the car for about 3 months now and no issue with the virtual cockpit.

I wouldn't get it just for the satnav - Google is better and free. I constantly use the Android Auto and like it, especially with spotify incorporated to it.

Other people I know who have it enjoy playing their virtual  display for a while, then it just ends up on a 'default' mode displaying what a normal analogue dashboard does. the novelty wears off perhaps.

Skoda satnav save your money. I mispronounces English names and is without doubt the clunkiest system I have ever used bordering on abysmal. Waze through iPhone is far superior  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. This is my first post. I have the SL model and so the VC comes as standard. Having lived with it for a few weeks, the novelty does wear off, however, there is something nice about it when you first start the ignition and it lights up the display revealing your car. One thing to note is that if you use google maps or something similar, this can only be used on the dashboard screen, not VC. Only skoda maps shows on the VC and this is not as good as Google maps.