No lights or vcds faults did show temp warning,no hot air or a/c at present & now fan staying hits on limp mode at 60/70 wen try overtake

Not 100% but possible heatsoak - relating to the limp mode at 60/70.

When you were overtaking, was it in warm weather and car already warm, been driven for a few hours?

Switch engine off and back on and boost it there again?

All on assumption that car is a tdi.

Unsure on other issues.

• Like 1

Not sure, i just know once experienced something similar, but i had been driving the car a lot - hot day etc....next time i drove the car (at night) it was fine and that apparently was heatsoak. That was a pd130 though.

If you drive sensibly does it go into limp mode?

Towards end of my ownership i couldn't thrash the car, would have to drive it a bit more sympathetically otherwise it would go into limp mode, but i believe that were sticky turbo vanes - and i think i had fault codes for that, p0234 if i remember rightly? This was different to the above experience in terms of heatsoak though.

I'd hoped others would have commented and shared their experiences too.

4 hours ago, trickstargee said:

Not sure, i just know once experienced something similar, but i had been driving the car a lot - hot day etc....next time i drove the car (at night) it was fine and that apparently was heatsoak. That was a pd130 though.

If you drive sensibly does it go into limp mode?

Towards end of my ownership i couldn't thrash the car, would have to drive it a bit more sympathetically otherwise it would go into limp mode, but i believe that were sticky turbo vanes - and i think i had fault codes for that, p0234 if i remember rightly? This was different to the above experience in terms of heatsoak though.

I'd hoped others would have commented and shared their experiences too.

It's a 2009 1.9tdi pd engine mk2 octavia if Sunday driving no limp mode  however fan come on from cold as soon as ignition on also no cabin heat but blowers work. I'm thinking of doing thermostat and temp sensor but that will only fix cabin heat and hopefully the occasional not often temp warning and hopefully stop fan from receiving signal to stay on. 

Been suggested (a.)maf (b.)egr (c.)n75 and/or (d.)veins sticking but not sure most likely cause of limp mode at higher speeds of 60 70 or getting upto speed during higher revs over boost maybe? But not had check engine light and had no fault codes wen I've taken it to be plugged into a vcds diagnostics tool. Hopefully someone will shed some light on this!?

Especially as ionly bought it on 09th may 2021 my first car in the past 4years money ain't falling out of my pockets so took a long time to save up for this vehicle and the insurance policy.🆘