Parts For Sale: 18" Octavia Mk2 VRS Stripped and Polished Zenith Alloys

jronnquist

18" Octavia Mk2 VRS Stripped and Polished Zenith Alloys

Set of 4 18" Zenith alloys from my 2007 Octavia VRS. These were fully stripped and polished by TRS in Milton Keynes a few years ago using their ceramic polishing machines. You can check it out here: https://www.trsuk.co.uk/ceramic-polishing/

They no longer have the flawless chrome finish they arrived back with as I did not have them lacquered, but they do clean up nicely as you can see. That said, I must warn any would-be buyers out there that maintaining them in this state is not easy. To keep the oxidization and break dust at bay, you need to re-polish them regularly, and once they begin to grit the roads in winter it gets even harder. Leave it too long and you'll have to get out the 3000 grit wet-dry. The pattern of the casting doesn't help either. I've been doing it by hand using Mothers Mag & Aluminium Polish or Autosol Metal Polish because I'm the kind of idiot who actually enjoys such things. My advice would be to either have them lacquered or use the opportunity to get them professionally powder coated.

Two of the tyres are brand new Falkens. The other two will need to be replaced as not much tread left and one of them has a puncture.  

Will leave them on here for a couple of weeks before posting to eBay. 

• Advertiser
    jronnquist
  • Date
    01/06/21
  • Price
    £250
  • Category
  • Shipping Estimate
    £0