Airbox for Fabia VRS 1.9 tdi

Hi, I just want to know if the 1.4l airbox is the same as the 1.9l box as I need the top part of the air box for my vrs. 

6Q0129601AR this is the part code that I got for the vrs airbox, but finding it difficult to source one. 

Thanks in advance 👍🏼

The airbox for the vRS is 6Q0129601AJ.

I had this problem recently as well and got fed up waiting for sellers to get back to me to tell me they didn't have one or wouldn't post it to me so I ordered a new one from TPS. I actually just fitted it tonight. It is quite an expensive option but at least its the right part and it does come with a new air filter.

Has the rear tab on yours broken by any chance?

10 hours ago, HeavyMetalRich said:

18 hours ago, TMB said:

If I stick that part number in ebay there is quite a few of them.

Thank you, I got one sorted! It's off a 1.4l mk2 fabia, somehow they have the same part 👌🏼

18 hours ago, TMB said:

If I stick that part number in ebay there is quite a few of them.

10 hours ago, HeavyMetalRich said:

The airbox for the vRS is 6Q0129601AJ.

I had this problem recently as well and got fed up waiting for sellers to get back to me to tell me they didn't have one or wouldn't post it to me so I ordered a new one from TPS. I actually just fitted it tonight. It is quite an expensive option but at least its the right part and it does come with a new air filter.

Has the rear tab on yours broken by any chance? 

Hi yes I had seen your post recently, but no the rear tab hadn't broken I have bought my vrs with a cone filter installed and the top half of the airbox missing! So all I really needed was the top portion. Unfortunately living in Northern Ireland they don't have many fabia's in scrap yards, so after 'TMB' told me they had found a good amount on ebay I checked it out. 

I also have a fabia 1.4l tdi mk2 2008 sitting at the house that I will be selling and I just happened to check the part number on that airbox... Exactly the same, probably not what you wanted to hear seeing as tps probably cost a mint for a new one🙈

Thanks for the quick replies guys, still getting used to this site so sorry if I've quoted you twice 😔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JSteele said:

Thank you, I got one sorted! It's off a 1.4l mk2 fabia, somehow they have the same part 👌🏼

Hi yes I had seen your post recently, but no the rear tab hadn't broken I have bought my vrs with a cone filter installed and the top half of the airbox missing! So all I really needed was the top portion. Unfortunately living in Northern Ireland they don't have many fabia's in scrap yards, so after 'TMB' told me they had found a good amount on ebay I checked it out. 

I also have a fabia 1.4l tdi mk2 2008 sitting at the house that I will be selling and I just happened to check the part number on that airbox... Exactly the same, probably not what you wanted to hear seeing as tps probably cost a mint for a new one🙈

Thanks for the quick replies guys, still getting used to this site so sorry if I've quoted you twice 😔

No that's quite alright. To me the premium was worth paying to know I was getting the right part and it was actually going to get to me quite quickly.

I have the same problem with the low number of vehicles in the scrap yards here. They crush them and ship them away quite quickly so there's nothing to go scavenging from.

And as for folk that have done what your's had done, you'd think that there would be plenty of lids out there to be had! :D

Glad you got something sorted. I'd be interested to know what the actual difference between the AJ and AR tops is. I expect its to do with the trumpet inside but not sure. 

• Like 2